Trona Salgado, Director
What we believe
Immanuel Lutheran Preschool is a faith based school which incorporates the theories of child development psychologists Jean Piaget, Lev Vygotsky, and Maria Montessori.
- We believe that children learn through play with a balance of guided activities which allow the teachers to monitor the development of each individual child.
- We believe that children should be engaged and excited about what they are learning which fosters curiosity, creativity, and a positive outlook towards school and education.
- We incorporate the love of Christ during our daily routines as we teach the children to be kind, forgiving, and helpful to one another.
- We pray before our meals and attend chapel every Wednesday and Thursday in order to help the students be involved in building their relationship with God.
- We believe every child is special and unique. Each child is provided with loving care that meets his or her individual needs.
Safety, Cleanliness, Emergency Preparedness
It is our goal to provide a safe, clean, loving, Christian education to all of the children in our care. We do this by:
- Following a strict sick policy (please see sick policy below)
- Following clear guidelines for maintaining a clean and sanitized environment. (See Cleaning, sanitization policy below)
- Greeting each family and child with a welcoming and warm smile.
- Helping children feel safe and comfortable in our care by providing comfort and attention as needed.
- Providing constant supervision. No child will ever be left unattended.
- Following strict emergency release guidelines.
- Practicing fire drills, lockdown drills, and earthquake drills on a regular basis.
- Keeping all outside doors locked and monitoring the perimeter of the preschool closely with cameras.
- Following clear guidelines in place by Title 22 and maintaining effective ratios between children and teachers in order to meet the needs of the individual children.
- Following guidelines for dispensing medications when requested upon by parents.
- Keeping all cleaning materials up high, in locked cupboards out of the reach of children.
At the beginning of each day the opening teachers will assess your child’s wellness. If a child is perceived to be ill they may be asked to not attend school. If certain symptoms are perceived at drop off or throughout the child’s school day such as green runny nose, skin rash, vomiting, loose bowels, fever of 100 or more, lethargy, or eye redness with green discharge, your child may not return for 24 hours after the symptoms have disappeared. Certain illnesses will require a doctor’s note for your child’s return to school.
We understand that this is many family’s first option as a child care provider, however it is important to have a back-up in case of illness. We adhere to a strict sick policy for the safety and wellness of your child as well as maintaining the health of the staff and other families here at Immanuel!
It is our number one priority to keep your children safe. This includes preventing the spread of communicable disease. Our staff follows guidelines to sanitize toys once a week, or daily if contaminated. Soft toys are laundered once a week, or as needed if contaminated. Children are taught to practice independence in performing tasks such as washing hands before meals, after coming inside from outside play, and after sneezing, coughing, or touching their faces. Rooms are kept clean and without clutter in order to prevent the spread of illness. Furniture is sanitized daily and tables are washed before and after each meal. Carpets are cleaned twice a year and vacuumed nightly. Toilets and sinks are disinfected nightly. Any bodily fluids that spill into the carpet are cleaned with a carpet cleaner immediately.