Teacher - Mrs. Erin Chincilla
Blessings!! I am so excited to be leading the 3rd grade saints of the school.
Our theme for the 2019-2020 school year is from Philippians 4:4 which says, “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!” What joy we have in learning about and praising our Savior, Jesus!
- We will start each day in the Word and talk about our triune God and the work He does in our lives.
- We'll be doing a lot of reading and focusing on strategies that will help students to comprehend text better. Third graders will work in writing projects as they develop language and grammar skills. By mid-year, much of the third graders writing is completed in cursive!
- Students will work on mastering multiplication facts as well as developing higher-order thinking skills during our meaningful math time.
- During our science lessons, students will learn about our Earth, Sun, and Moon as well as land environments.
- Our social studies curriculum cover rules and laws in our community as well as our local economy and history.
- Art concepts that will be taught are line, color, shape and form, pattern, texture, space, and composition.