Teacher - Mrs. Kelly Byer
Fourth grade is a year filled with a variety of activities and educational opportunities that allow students to grow in skills and knowledge. We strive to be a community of learners that encourage each other and accept each other’s differences because God has created us wonderfully unique. Below are some of the events that will occur during fourth grade.
- Use math skills and creativity to start a business
- Read Island of the Blue Dolphins, Holes, By the Great Horn Spoon and Sideways Stories
- Write poetry, a narrative, a persuasive piece, and a research paper
- Host a Wax Museum about a famous person who has made positive contributions to society
- Visit Riley’s Farm to experience a gold rush and San Juan Capistrano Mission to get a taste of mission life
- Explore electricity and magnets, rocks and minerals, and learn about the fast and slow changes that happen to our earth's surface.
- Discover the history of California and its heroes and become heroes ourselves as we follow God’s Word.
Our theme verse for the 2019-2020 school year is from I Thessalonians 5:16-18 which encourages us to rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in everything. In the midst of troubles, worries, happiness, and especially in the busyness of our lives, these verses offer us a way to keep focused on God which brings us peace and joy and gives Him glory!