Immanuel Worship and Ministry September 20
A Superior Kingdom based on Hebrews 13
Here is the order of service for today's worship service.
Prayers of Praise and Thank
- The Borst family praises God for his mercies to Charlotte, whose health has stabilized. Please continue to pray for strength in her recovery. Thank you to all who have sent words of encouragement.
- Prayers of thanksgiving to the Lord for bringing Bill and Sharon Ilten home safely from Big Bear last week in light of the recent fires and the closure of highway 38.
- O Lord have mercy on all those suffering from natural calamities: California wildfires and Hurricane Laura. Be with those in harm's way, those who mourn, and those who serve us in the front lines.
- God, please watch over all who are suffering from this pandemic: the ill, caseworkers, and the unemployed.
- Please pray for Pastor Steven who undergoes knee surgery this week.
- Please pray for Dee Graumann’s sister Tyla Jones and her sons Greg and Chris. They live in Medford OR and had to evacuate Tuesday without warning. After camping out at a Walmart parking lot for two nights, they learned today that their mobile home and 58 others had burned to the ground. We pray for all who are in a state of uncertainty regarding what life will be like going forward. 10% of Oregon’s population is currently evacuated from their homes.
Announcements and Numbers
BOARD OF DIRECTORS ANNOUNCE NEW VOTERS MEETING. Due to the state mandate, our August Voters Meeting was cancelled. The Board has scheduled the following events instead:
Zoom Informational Meeting, Wednesday, September 30 at 6:30pm — An online meeting to review the proposed budget, meet BoD candidates, and receive updated School information.
Outdoor Voters Meeting, Saturday, October 3 at 8am — An official meeting to vote on budget, candidates, and other matters.
Please watch for updated information and agendas in September. For questions, please contact one of our current Board Members:
John Lundi, President
- Carol Kessler, Secretary
- Brad Davis, Treasurer
- Lori Breunig
- Joy Fosgett
- John Uhles
- Chip Sartorius, Head Elder (ex-officio)
IMMANUEL NEEDS TECH PEOPLE As you may be aware, we are currently taking steps to install equipment in our sanctuary so that we can live stream our Sunday morning services. When the system is finally installed, we need a team to come together and help run the software on Sunday morning so that everyone who is not able to join us physically for sanctuary worship will be able to worship at home. If you would like to use your technology talents to learn the new system and help us in this new season of ministry, please contact Pastor Robert by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON-LINE BIBLE STUDIES
Did you know that our small group bible studies, led by Deacon Don Kolafa, have transitioned online, and that we are no longer limited by the size of a living room? All are welcome to join these educational, interactive and fun bible studies either online via GoToMeeting, or by phone. It’s easy and free!
Monday evenings at 6:30 pm: Join us from the comfort of your own home, as we fellowship on-line and study the Book of Proverbs. It’s wisdom and common sense encourage you to live according to God’s will. Bring your personal Bible and a highlighting pen. See the note below to join us from your computer or smartphone.
Tuesday evenings 6:30 pm: Join us from the comfort of your own home, as we fellowship on-line and begin a study of the Bible book of Philippians. This is an ideal study to give us hope and encouragement in our current circumstances. Paul writes this letter from prison. Like him, we are secluded from friends and family. He suggests that we need to firmly report our situation to our community. We need to reciprocate concern for others, listening to them and including them in our prayers.We need to have the mind of Christ by staying in His word. We also need to observant for “false teachers” when we listen to God’s word from unfamiliar sources.We need to have the Peace of Christ. Here is your invitation to either Monday or Tuesday:From your computer: www.gotomeet.me/DonKolafa From your smartphone: call (669) 224-3412 Meeting ID or Access Code: DonKolafa or 880-207-277 Log in early! I will open each meeting just after 6:00 pm each evening to allow a buffer to resolve technical problems. It is also a great time for fellowship.
Thursday Night Bible Study w/Pastors Join Pastors Steven and Robert for our Thursday Night Bible Study via ZOOM from 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM! We are no strangers to growing fruit out in California, but what do healthy Christians grow? St. Paul lays it out for us in Galatians 5 what the fruits of the Spirit are and how we see these fruits throughout all of Scripture. Email us at email@example.com for the ZOOM information and our study materials! We look forward to joining together with you and studying God's Word.
COMPASSION OPPORTUNITY: If you or your family have lost income and are in need of a little compassion, we are giving away $100 Grocery cards to help you out. These funds have been generously donated by our members, and we pray it is a blessing to your family. To receive your card, simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Together, centered in Christ, we will get through this! “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another”. John 13:3
SUNDAY SCHOOL: This morning will have a special Bible story time for children during outdoor worship. The children will be invited to a special space in the shade outside, for a story, craft, and lesson just for them. This will be for all children, 4 years old, and up. We will social distance and please have them bring a mask.
Confirmation/ JR. High Ice Skating today is cancelled because the rink got shut down. We will contact you with information as soon as we have another activity planned.
Confirmation classes will start in October and hopefully we will be able to meet in-person!
HIGH SCHOOL: No youth group for the next 2 weeks. We will pick up again on October 6, 6-7:30 p.m. in the lounge, social distancing.
School will begin on September 21st, 2020 with all classes starting at 8:30am. If your child does not require before school care, you may not drop them off until 8:15am.
As part of the waiver approval, we are required to follow the Immanuel COVID-19 Re-Opening Plan that is available on our website. Please review this plan as a family so that everyone is familiar with the requirements and procedures.
Here are a few important reminders from our plan:
- Masks are recommended for students in grades K-2.
- Masks are required for students in grades 3-6 while in school buildings.
- Parents must check for COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, before sending a student to school. If a student has a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher or other symptoms, he/she may not attend school. (If everyone follows this, we can more likely avoid having to quarantine a classroom or the entire school.)
- If a student has close contact with someone who is positively diagnosed with COVID-19 or is actually diagnosed with COVID-19, please contact the school. We have specific procedures that we must follow to protect others and to maintain a healthy environment.
- Parents will be significantly restricted from gathering on the campus to help reduce additional contacts. Please do not congregate on the campus when picking up students. Remain in your vehicle during drop-off time. During pick-up, you may leave your vehicle to greet your child, however, masks MUST be worn at all times and no gathering will be permitted.
Substitute Teacher In preparation for the new school year, we are in need of substitute teachers. If you are interested, please contact Heather Pingel at Heather.email@example.com or call (951)682-4211 for an application.