Immanuel Lutheran Elementary School is looking to add to our Substitute Teacher List. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.
Substitute Teacher Job Requirements
POSITION: Substitute Teacher
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Principal
Must provide evidence a BA in Education. Prior to employment, candidate must provide TB test showing
negative or non-active results, as well as a fingerprint clearance. The employee is required to become CPR
and First Aid Certified within the first 90 days of employment. (Fingerprint clearance and First Aid classes are
offered at Immanuel’s expense.) If the employee has not completed the above requirements within the given
time frame, they will not be allowed to come back to work until they are in compliance.
To serve the church by providing: a loving, Christian environment to the students of Immanuel Lutheran
School and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children, while supporting the Mission, Vision
and Values of Immanuel Lutheran Church and School (see attached). Assist teacher and principal as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be able to work well with a team.
- Be a Christian role-model representing Immanuel Lutheran.
- Be flexible and able to adapt.
- Monitor children for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning and playing environment.
- Administer minor first aid.
- Perform housekeeping for the purpose of maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitary environment.
- Must complete a daily report or evaluation to communicate any pertinent information resulting from the
- Report observations and incidents (e.g. accidents, inappropriate behavior, violations of rules, etc.) for the
purpose of communicating information to the teach/principal.
- Implement teacher lesson plans, assign student class work and homework, maintain classroom control
- Assist in outdoor activities, such as recess.
- Be an active member of a Christ-centered church, whose teachings are based solely on God’s written
word, the Bible.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned for the purpose of supporting the principal and staff.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
SKILLS: Must be focused and alert to meet the changing conditions.
KNOWLEDGE: Write routine documents (e.g. accident reports, teachers and parents), speak clearly; and
understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
ABILITY: Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating
with different groups (e.g. parents, staff, children); fostering positive relationships; maintaining confidentiality;
working as part of a team; exhibiting tact, patience, kindness and a positive attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger; reach
with arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, kneel, stoop crouch, or crawl. The
employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell.
Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an indoor environment and in
reasonable outside weather conditions during outdoor play.