To watch the online service, click here.
Carol Luther requests prayers for her daughter who is recovering from post operation difficulties. Please pray her medicine does what it is supposed to do and she regains full health.
Ed Goeppinger gives thanks to the Lord for a new great-grandson born to Tomy and Maggie Liskutin. Their baby girl was born June 10th. Also, prayers of comfort are requested for a family friend who died due to the corona virus.
Please send any prayer requests to email@example.com
Announcements and Numbers
DON’T MISS THE LATEST IMMANUEL MINISTRY UPDATE Pastor Steven has updating our church on our ongoing ministry. Members will be receiving a letter in the mail. You can see the video update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7TbWf8UVU
CHURCH WORSHIP ON CAMPUS STARTS FATHER’S DAY, JUNE 21. Immanuel is working within the guidelines set by the state. Our first on campus worship service will be on June 21 at 9:30am. Because capacity will be held to 100 people, members will receive an email on Sunday with a link to sign up. We will also be sharing what protocols will be followed. For those who cannot worship on campus, we will continue offer online worship each Sunday at 9:30am.
COMPASSION OPPORTUNITY: If you or your family have lost income and are in need of a little compassion, we are giving away $100 Grocery cards to help you out. These funds have been generously donated by our members, and we pray it is a blessing to your family. To receive your card, simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.orgTogether, centered in Christ, we will get through this! “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another”. John 13:3
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH No summer mission trip. The agency that we have worked with in past years has cancelled all trips this summer. Hopefully we will be able to schedule one for next year.
JR. HIGH/ CONFIRMATION The 8th graders completed their Confirmation projects and final papers about their faith. We are working to schedule a date for the Rite of Confirmation.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL This summer our VBS program will be online! We will provide fun and engaging videos for you to watch together as a family. We will also be handing out VBS boxes to everyone who registers so you have all the stickers, gizmos, Bible Buddies, and extras you need to enjoy the week. Please register at our website and don’t forget to invite your neighbors, grandchildren, and friends! www.immanuelriverside.com
ANNUAL GRADUATION for FOSTER TEENS – Due to Covid-19, our annual graduation event for Riverside County Foster Youth has been cancelled, BUT we would still like to recognize and congratulate OVER 120 YOUTH for such a huge accomplishment of graduation or completion of a GED. We want to let them know their community thought of them and would like to see them successful in their future transition into young adulthood. We traditionally do our “Build-A-Basket” to prepare for college, be ready for dorm life, or start up in their first apartment. Our goal is to provide at least 25 baskets for them. Here are some suggestions for the special graduation gift baskets:
· College Study Success with school supplies, notebooks, pens, pencils, stapler, calculator, ruler, hole punch, amazon.com or biblio.com gift cards for text books, back pack, printer paper, etc.
· Kitchen Start Up with dishes, utensils, pots & pans, dish towels, toaster, measuring cups and spoons, cutting board, grocery store gift cards, cleaning supplies in a bucket, a broom or mop, etc.
· Dorm Move-In with extra-long twin sheets, comforter, pillow case, hamper, desk lamp, shower supply caddy, plastic storage bins, towels, washcloths, laundry detergent, hangers, etc.
· Activity Baskets such as Trip to the Beach with beach chair, beach towel, mats, reusable water bottle, sunblock, etc., or Movie Night with movie tickets and variety of snacks and/or gift cards, etc.
· Variety Gift Card Basket they love themes such as a variety of Fast Food Frenzy like Subway, Wendy’s, Cold Stone, Panera, Starbucks, Jack-in-the-Box, etc., or Supermarket Sweep with Vons, Stater Brothers, Trader Joe’s, Aldi’s, Food 4 Less, Smart & Final, etc., gift cards.· OR if you have a better idea… GO FOR IT!
· Gift Cards to Wal-Mart, Target, Game Stop, Best Buy, Forever 21, Amazon, Movie tickets, Fast Food are also highly favored.
· Sponsors: for iFoster’s One Laptop program to purchase a computer for our college and university bound youth. The computers are shipped directly to youth and include all the software needed, technical support, and a 90 day warranty (cost is $350).
If you would like to participate in getting these young adults a graduation gift basket, or donate money (so Julia will shop for you) please call Julia at 951-488-5754. We will set an appointment for you to drop off items at church on Mondays or Wednesdays between 10am-2pm or for someone to pick up the items from you. Suggested basket dollar amount is $50 and no more than $75 maximum. The last day is to contribute is June 24, 2020.
Thank you for your help and heart to recognize the foster youth’s accomplishments!
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL UPDATE2020-21 ENROLLMENT We continue to accept enrollment from our current families and from new families to Immanuel from our community. We are anticipating that our classes will reach maximum capacity. We encourage those that have not enrolled yet to do so. If you know a family who is searching for an excellent, Christ centered education, share this information with them. For more information call the school office 951-682-4211 or contact our Admissions Coordinator, Brianna Foster, at email@example.com or Heather Pingel-Au at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-21 STAFFING We have been informed that Mrs. Stacy Prince, our Technology teacher, will not be returning to teach at ILS next year. We are saddened to lose a talented instructor but we know that God has plans for Mrs. Prince. We are accepting applications and resumes to fill this part time position. For more information contact Mr. Boburka at email@example.com.